Sunday, December 2, 2007

dead blog.. arise

yea yea i know its been a long time..

hmmm
3months since last post..
had a slightly stressful coll term.. cuz we had exams
but then again that exam just contributes 10% to my finals..

hav been playing cs alot over the LAN in hostel.. n i mean a lot!
like 3 hours a day (no joke)

n i discovered *ahem the wonders of rapidshare.com n megaupload.com
:D

been downloading a lot of stuff from these sites...

a bit saddend.. cuz a few of my good frens are leaving inti.. lynne, japheth, n hinloong n johnny who hav left...
life moves on....

dis coming semester, quite a few are leaving too.. sigh.. life.. what a ABCDEFG

but theres stuff to cheer..
got to know an iban called alvin..
didnt actually know him beforehand cuz he's quite in public..
found out a lot about him, got to know him n kelvin better this semester.. considering our term in inti will be about the same (ekdrick not 4gotten too)
i find a whole lot of similiarity between us..
we can discuss lots of stuff, christian stuff together... lookin forward to growing spiritually with these kind of frens :D:D

discovered a few great christian artistes (apart from dc*b)
rush of fools
brian littrell
starfield
leeland


yea yea.. some have been around for sometime.. but its all new to me..

oh.. since the exam had so little weight, n i heard dat most ppl flunk it (its our first real test in law) i took my foot off the gas... so i gotta work hard dis semester (yea rite!)
the only way thats gonna happen is when god intervenes.. nid ur help god!

lots of stuff are actually spining in my head now..
the 3 projects were supposed to do during the HOLIDAYS..
my future: what do i do after i study? continue 4 a higher grade? work in uk? malaysia? singapore?
my destiny - why am i here on earth? to enjoy life?

one particular incident is quite permanently etched in my brain
i went to yrc, i met charlie, a sri lankan..
he asked me dis question.. if im in england, n im gonna sit 4 the final paper.. n god juz slams da brakes n says eric, come serve me.. wat would i do?

im not mulling on what my answer will be.. it has always been send me, i will go!
but my question is deeper.. i may be studyin law.. but would i end up practicing law?
would i end up a lawyer? or something more? or something less in the eyes of the world, like a pastor who gave up law a day b4 his finals?

life is unpredictable.. dats de scary part..


niways.. since de hols, been juz bumming around.. staring @ my comp..
thx god that he has helped me overcome certain weaknesses in my life :D
its amazing how god can work anywhere..
some ppl expect a huge transformation to happen in big events, like a church camp, or when a special speaker is in town, or when u get prayed for..

n yet, heres the story.. i went to a youth outreach, where the youth are supposed to invite friends.. i was thinkin well i x knw anybody in sg.. but my old fren, yunsheng calls me a week b4 the meeting n says he wants to follow me to church.. n actually there are a couple of guys i do know in my condo dat i could hav invited to the outreach..
yet i didnt take the initiative to invite.. no biggie, aint the 1st time ive been ashamed..

yet as i went to the outreach, i saw ppl like veronica n jocelyn bring in 4 frens each..
others didnt bring as many as 4 ppl per youth or smthn like that..
im not judging anybody.. but it struck me that these 2, that are relatively new in god, juz brought people in while i, an old believer, didnt even bother n juz gave an excuse that i dont know anybody..

n as i got back to my room, i was smsin veronica about the 4 guys that she invited (respect!)

n she jus says.. we hav god to talk to when we are in trouble. yet those that dunno jesus hav nobodi except friends to talk to..

it just hit me.. a simple faith is just enough.. n it made me wonder, when was the last time i thanked god? the last time i sat down n communed with him (fyi, i havent in a long time)
sometimes i was just scared to approach god as i was sinning (go figure)..
n yet that nite as i prayed to god, i realised he just took away my sinful desires.. now its exactly 1 week.. n still going strong.. i used to ask sebastian how god helped him (another long story) n he said god just took the desires or thoughts away from him.. now i have experienced it myself.. :D

n throughout this week as i communicated with god more, i just started to giv thanks to him naturally.. i noticed it in a small incident where i just uttered thank god.. i didnt even plan to like give thanks in everything, n yet it came so naturally..

god is faithful.. ive been in the wilderness for so long, n yet in 1 day he has drawn me back to him.. :D

i hope this encourages those christians that are worn out by time, sin, or whateverelse.. that our only hope is still god..

a song that relates to this..
rush of fools - undo










alvin with the bwin shirt, ivan n me..










banquet pix.. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day

We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

Please come to see our little survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than ?????

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.eu]fettabsaugung[/url]

Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room